PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
RuralBiz Training - ABN 98 104 919 548
PO Box 524
DUBBO NSW 2830
Telephone: (02) 6884 8812
Fax: (02) 6884 8862
RuralBiz Training is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This policy sets out the way we handle your personal information including the use and disclosure of your personal information, as well as your right to access your personal information.
Your Personal InformationIn order to provide you employment education and other services, we may need to collect personal information such as name, address, work history, qualifications, career details or other information generally contained in a resume.
CollectionWhere practicable RuralBiz Training will endeavour to collect personal information directly from you. We will need to collect personal information from you such as:
* Your name, your address, your qualifications, your previous employment history, contact details.
At, or as soon as practicable after, RuralBiz Training collects your personal information we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of:
1. RuralBiz Training's identity and how you can contact us;
2. your rights with regard to accessing your personal information;
3. the purpose for which your personal information was collected;
4. to whom we usually disclose your personal information to;
5. any law that requires us to collect particular personal information; and
6. the main consequences, if any, for you if you do not provide all or part of the information we require.
RuralBiz Training will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
Use and DisclosureWe will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you provide to us remains private and is used only for the purposes of providing you with services related to RuralBiz Training activities.
RuralBiz Training will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass your personal information on to a third party, other than those that we have a binding agreement with ensuring that the third party affords your personal information similar levels of protection as we do.
In order to provide you with education and other services, we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties such as:
* Education Institutions
* Government Service Providers
Further, we may use and disclose your personal information to provide you with services specified to you at the point of collection or for another purpose if:
* You would reasonably expect us to disclose it for that purpose;
* That purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection;
* RuralBiz Training reasonably believes that the use is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual's life or health;
* RuralBiz Training has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, or is being engaged in, and uses the information as part of its investigation, or in reporting its concerns to the relevant authority;
* The use and disclosure is specifically authorised by law; or
* the use and disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law, a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of the public revenue.
Data QualityRuralBiz Training will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You are encouraged to help us keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date by contacting your trainer or this organisation and informing us of any changes to your details. You can contact us at your local RuralBiz Training branch.
Data SecurityAt RuralBiz Training we are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required for any purpose.
Access and CorrectionYou will be provided with the opportunity to access the personal information we hold on you and where appropriate, you may be able to correct that information if you determine that it is incorrect.
You may be required to fill out a form in order to obtain access to your personal information. This form can be obtained from your consultant or from any other staff member.
There may be some cases where we are unable to provide you access to your personal information, however RuralBiz Training will explain the reasons why this access was denied.
AnonymityWhenever it is lawful or practicable, you will have the option of not identifying yourself when dealing with RuralBiz Training.
Due to the nature of the services being provided to you this will be in very limited cases.
Sensitive InformationRuralBiz Training will not collect personal information revealing your racial orethnical origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, criminal record, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation unless:
1. your consent has been obtained; or
2. the collection is required or specifically authorised by law; or
3. the collection is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual, where the subject of the information is physically or legally incapable of giving consent; or
4. the collection is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Resolving Privacy ConcernsYou are able to raise any concerns you may have regarding our personal information handling practices by either discussing your concerns with your personal consultant or by calling RuralBiz Training on (02) 6362 7973.
THE INTERNET AND YOUR PRIVACY
SecurityRuralBiz Training takes all reasonable steps to protect your security when using the site but you should be aware that no transmission of information to and from a website is ever totally secure.
Whilst we will strive to ensure the personal information transmitted to or from our website is secure and protected from unauthorised access, we cannot fully guarantee the security of your information. Transmission is at your own risk.
It is important to remember that if you are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or community centre, you must remember to log-off, otherwise others may be able to access your personal information.
Persistent cookies are stored on your hard drive with an expiry date (possibly years in the future) and web sites can read their cookies and cookies left by other web sites. In this way, cookies can be used to track your activities around many web sites.
Session cookies are stored on your hard drive but immediately expire when you close down your web browser. These session cookies are therefore more secure than persistent cookies because they will not be available in any subsequent web browsing sessions.
Cookies can make using our website easier by storing your individual preferences. This will enable you to take full advantage of the services that our web site offers.