02 Jun, 2022
Subsidised Training for Tasmanians
Interested in improving your farm management skills but aren't ready to commit to full time study? Have a taste now with an agricultural skillset of 2-3 nationally accredited units. Brush up your skills and improve your farm productivity. Our flexible online format and personalised support will help you achieve your goals.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE FRIDAY 10 JUNE 2022
Agricultural Skillsets - up to 90% subsidised! Subsidised by the Tasmanian Skills Fund, Dept of State Growth to approved applicants.
Expressions of interest now open for the following skillsets:
Chemical Card Plus - Update your chemical card and stay safe on farm! Three different study modes to choose from. (Self-paced online, Group online class, or distance pack).
- AHCCHM304 Transport, handle and store chemicals,
- AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pests, weeds and diseases.
Estimated co-contribution $99.30.
Soils - Understand and improve your soils for better crops and pastures, you'll learn a variety of soil testing techniques and have a commercial soil analysis completed on your soil sample (included in cost).
- AHCSOL406 Sample soils and interpret results
- AHCSOL505 Monitor and manage soils for production.
Estimated co-contribution $117.60.
Farm Record Keeping - Get the basics right with our introduction to farm record keeping, improve your data accuracy to improve your on farm decision making!
- AHCAGB302 Keep production records for a primary production business,
- AHCAGB406 Keep financial records for a primary production business,
- AHCBUS406 Administer finance, insurance and legal requirements.
Estimated co-contribution $156.80
Farm Business Management - Wrap your head around how your farm business is performing and plan for a productive future!
- AHCBUS516 Develop and review a business plan,
- AHCBUS517 Monitor and review business performance,
- AHCBUS518 Prepare and monitor budgets and financial reports.
Estimated co-contribution $232.15
Livestock Management - Maximise livestock health and productivity
- AHCLSK504 Develop livestock health and welfare strategies,
- AHCLSK505 Develop production plans for livestock.
Estimated co-contribution $186.85
We are also considering expresions of interest in the enrolment in the
- AHC50116 Diploma of Agriculture
Estimated co-contribution $828.38 - this qualification is usually $11,000 for non subsidised students.
HURRY LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE
Applicants can select one skillset or Chemical Card Plus and one other skillset.
This training is to be supported by the Tasmanian Skills Fund for approved applicants. To be eligible for subsidised training you must:
* Be a Tasmanian resident aged 15 years or older, who has lived in Tasmania for more than 6 months and is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
* Be an existing worker employed in farming/agriculture or a related business
* The Skills Fund requires a mandatory financial contribution, paid by the employer, based on the size of the employing organisation. The estimate co-contribution of 10% listed above is based on being a small business (less than 20 full time equivalent employees, including sole traders, contractors and non employing businesses)
Course Entry Requirements:
* Only one skillset per student or Chemical Card Plus and one other skillset.
* Be actively engaged in farming, or have ready access to, and knowledge of, a farm business for completion of assessment exercises
* Have access to a computer with Windows, Word 97, Excel 97, Adobe Reader, and satellite broadband internet connection or similar
* Basic computer skills e.g. use of internet, email, basic word processing skills