Interested in improving your skills but you don't want to enrol in a full qualification? A Skillset or Part Qualification might be for you!
RuralBiz Training offers Skillset's or Part Qualification of one or more units that form part of nationally recognised qualifications.
State governments periodically offering funding to encourage new and existing workers to improve their skills or adapt to changing industry needs.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Be actively engaged in farming, or have ready access to, and knowledge of, a farm business for completion of assessment exercises.
- Have access to a computer with at least Windows 7, Word 97, Excel 97, Adobe Reader and satellite broadband internet connection or similar. If you have a Mac computer, we suggest you talk to a computer technician about installing the Windows environment.
- Basic computer skills e.g. use of internet, email, basic word processing skills
Contact us to discuss what skills you would like to brush up on.
Unit and funding availability is subject to change.
Now taking expressions of interest for subsidised training from Tasmanian students.
Call our office on 02 6884 8812 or email email@example.com
SMART & SKILLEDWe've got a great list of short skills - choose from the list, or let us know if you can't see what you want.
- Farm Planning
- Risk Management
- Succession Planning
- Workplace Health and Safety for Farms
- Farm Business Management
Check out this EOI form for all the details. This training is fully subsidised by the NSW Government.
AgSkilledCurrently we also have part qualifications in the following areas available through the AgSkilled initiative for those who are involved in or have a genuine interest in the Cotton or Grain industries:
- Back to Basics for Profit
- Accredited units in Work Health and Safety
- Accredited units in Agribusiness Management
- Accredited units in Soils
This training is funded the the NSW Governmant AgSkilled strategy. Contact our office on 02 6884 8812 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Farmers and farm business managers with responsibility for farm business planning and management, including risk management may be interested in this AHCSS00030 Farm business management skillset. Students must be an owner of, manager of, or worker on, a farm in Queensland and may already hold a Certificate IV or higher level qualification
Subsidies for this skillset are provided by the Queensland government under the Higher Level Skills program, contact email@example.com for more information.
Your fee for this course will depend on the the availability of a subsidy from your State and your eligibility. Subsidies may cover part or all of the course fee. Current funding for part qualifications is only available for student who live or work in NSW or Qld. Funding availability is subject to change. Contact our office on 02 6884 8812 or firstname.lastname@example.org for subsidy availability and course fee information.
Self-paced online learning
Use resources and information in our online learning site (RuralBiz Online) to work at your own rate, at times that suit you. You will find resources to help you learn including videos, quizzes, print materials and links to other useful websites. This site also has a forum where you can post comments and questions for other participants and your trainer. It will also be the spot to upload your assessments, receive trainer feedback and track your progress.
Interactive online sessions
These are run in our Blackboard Collaborate virtual classroom where you work with a trainer and other participants. You will be able to see a presentation on your computer screen, hear the trainer and other group members, and ask questions or make comments. One of our previous participants described it as being like "two way radio with pictures" but it also has a whiteboard, chat function and many other tools useful for training. Some sessions are also recorded for listening back at a later date. These sessions are usually run on demand when there is a group of at least 10 participants to attend.
Many of our units use a printed manual, giving you time to explore the online learning environments while having familiar materials at hand.
Your assessment tasks are designed for you to apply your learning to your own farm. In many cases, you produce a valuable resource for ongoing use in your own business - such as an e-Farm Plan which is easily updated or business, cropping or livestock plans.
Past students have found that they continue to use and adapt these plans well after they have completed their qualification.
You'll attend an AgForum in each unit - an online informal discussion with other students about day to day issues of interest in agriculture.
At enrolment, we work with you to design an individual training plan that meets your needs and course rules, so you can complete your course within the 2 year timeframe.
We know that farmers have busy periods during the year depending on their district and type of farming. We also recognise that family issues mean some students will need time out during their course.
If you find you are unable to keep to your training plan, you can talk to your guardian angel and amend it as needed.
Remember, we're working with you to make your study possible!
- Flexible - self paced online or online group delivery
- Everyone with an internet connection has equal access to training
- Training is delivered to you - wherever you have internet access
- No travel time or travel costs
- Access to online materials 24/7
- Access to the best trainers who are farmers themselves, not just trainers who can visit your district
- Work in groups from a wide geographic area
- Training can continue even if you are travelling or cut off by floods or other natural disasters
- Assessments are submitted online - fast turnaround times
- Student Card - purchase some items at discounted prices
Further Education or Training:
You can use units completed towards a full qualification in a related field. Further training pathways include, but are not limited to:
- Diploma of Agriculture (AHC50116)
- Advanced Diploma of Agribusiness Management (AHC60319)
- Various University Degrees Note: you may receive credit for some of the units completed in your Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualifications. Contact the university of your choice to find out more.
Employment pathways from this qualification include, but are not limited to:
- Farm production manager
- Production unit manager
- Station/property manager