Learn how to protect your stock from worms while increasing your profit margin
Learn how to protect your stock while increasing your profit margin through:
- Use worm egg counts to detect worm infestations early
- Do your own worm egg counts and interpret the results
- Use tests to determine which drenches are effective on farm
- Use WormBoss to help with your decision making
Online - 2022 dates coming soon!
Bungendore - Sunday 21st November 2021 - COURSE FULL
Braidwood - Monday 22nd November 2021 - COURSE FULL
Moruya - Tuesday 23rd November 2021 - COURSE FULL
Inverell - Friday 3rd December 2021Call our office on 02 6884 8812 for more information.
AHCWRK301 Collect Samples for a rural production or horticulture monitoring program
Course cost (both online and face to face format)
Participants in NSW may be eligible to have the course fee fully subsidised by the NSW Government, contact us for details.
$275pp (GST exempt) course
Equipment costs (applicable to online workshop only) -
You will need to obtain the following before the online workshop:
- EggsAct Faecal Egg Count Kit including Binocular Microscope
- Price: **Special 10% discount, usually $699 (ex GST plus postage & handling) Discount code provided during registration.
- For more information about kit Email email@example.com
- Salt to make a saline solution
You will need to order your equipment through the supplied contacts and allow at least 4 weeks for it to arrive.
RuralBiz Training will provide you with (applicable to online workshop only):
- USB Eye Piece - you need to supply us with your credit card details (or a cheque) when applying which may be liable for a charge of $230 if the USB eye piece is not returned to RuralBiz Training in good working order within 14 days of the online workshop.
Please note prices are correct at August 2020.
Interactive online workshop (8:45am - 12pm & 1pm - 4pm AEST):
We are currently taking expressions of interest for this course and will schedule an online workshop when we have at least 10 people. We will notify registrants as soon as a group is formed. Contact our office for upcoming course dates 02 6884 8812
Online courses are run in our virtual classroom where you work with a trainer and other participants. You will be able to see a presentation on your computer screen, hear the trainer and other group members, and ask questions or make comments. One of our previous participants described it as being like "two way radio with pictures" but it also has a whiteboard, chat function and many other tools useful for training.
Face to face workshop:
Face to face workshops can be organised if there is a group of at least 10 people in the one area. Contact us to organise.
- This course will assist you in being able to identify and treat worm infestations in your livestock.
- Everyone with an internet connection has equal access to training
- Training is delivered to you - wherever you have internet access
- No travel time or travel costs
- Access to the best trainers who are farmers themselves, not just trainers who can visit your district
- Work in groups from a wide geographic area
- Training can continue even if you are travelling or cut off by floods or other natural disasters
This unit forms part of the AHC30116 Certificate III in Agriculture.