06 Aug, 2021
Lock Down, Skill Up!
Lock Down Skill up enrolments have now closed, however we may still be able to organised subsidied training for you, please contact us to request your preferred course.
The NSW Government is funding students affected by lock down to up skill. Rapid enrolment places are available in the following skill sets. You will need access to a farm to base your assessment tasks on. Students who are still at secondary school are not eligible to apply except under exceptional circumstances, please contact us if you think this may apply to you.
Eligibility criteria apply, click here to download an eligibility declaration and check your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this funding we can often access other subsidies for you - please contact us!
Chemical Card Plus
Chemical Card Plus provides AQF3 level accreditation for pesticide users, the level recommended for unsupervised application of pesticides.
- AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals
- AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
Choose from self paced online or join one of our online group classes:
- 31 January with Tanya Ginns
- 04 February with Tanya Ginns
- 04 March with Tanya Ginns
- 18 March with Tanya Ginns
- 30 March with Ant Wright
- 05 April with Tanya Ginns
- 13 April with Ant Wright
- 19 April with Tanya Ginns
- 26 April with Tanya Ginns
- 29 April with Ant Wright
Learn how to collect soil samples, interpret results and manage soils on your farm.
- AHCSOL401 Sample soils
- AHCSOL505 Monitor and manage soils
Farm Business Management
Improve your farm business management skills, develop a business plan and develop better understanding of your farm financial statements.
- AHCBUS516 Develop and review a business plan
- AHCBUS517 Monitor and review business performance
- AHCBUS518 Prepare and monitor budgets and financial reports