Grow Your Farm Business
Students from South Australia may be eligible for a subsidy for the following courses:
Your participant course fee will be calculated and provided to you before we proceed with your enrolment and will vary depending on your unit selection and your location. Training is supported by the Government of South Australia. Visit www.skills.sa.gov.au for participant eligibility criteria.
A student may be eligible for a subsidised training place if they live or work in South Australia, and:
- are an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or
- are a permanent Australian resident, or
- hold a state sponsored visa on a pathway to permanent residency (see Eligible visa types)
- 16 years or over and not enrolled at school.
Farm Access Requirements
It is an entry requirement that you have internet access and access to a farm that is operating on a commercial scale on which you can base your assessments.
As a guide, your chosen farm should show these characteristics:
- Operated as a business for profit
- Have a commercial scale
- Have agricultural enterprises such as commercial crops or livestock
- Be close to where you live so you can be physically on it regularly (eg weekly)
- Be able to provide you with details of past production, management processes, costs, prices etc.
Your farm will become a case study for your assignments – the tasks will vary for each unit but include things like testing and interpreting your soils, developing and reviewing your farm business plan and analysing your production systems.
Course fees & Indicative Subsidies
Subsidy amounts may vary depending your unit selection, our office will confirm your course fee with you during the enrolment process.
Click on the course name to download the indicative units selected.
AHC40116 Certificate IV in Agriculture - indicative participant fee: $262.50 (1050 hours x $0.25 per hour)
AHC40416 Certificate IV in Horticulture - indicative participant fee: $237.50 (950 hours x $0.25 per hour)
AHC50116 Diploma of Agriculture- indicative participant fee: $2,458.86 ($12,000 course fee less $9,541.14 subsidy)
AHC51422 Diploma of Agribusiness Management - indicative participant fee $4,754.74 ($12,000 course fee less $7,245.26 subsidy)
No upfront payments are required - ask us about our payment plan or VET Student Loans options.